WANZ AWARD WINNER 2017 National Supreme Award Commercial over 100K
Opened in 1899, the brief for The Suter Art gallery was to “create a space with modern, clean lines that would encompass the original brickwork and lofty wooden roof of the main gallery”.
Situated in the idyllic Queens Gardens Nelson, huge four metre tall flush glaze windows allow panoramic views into the established gardens while 20 metre width clerestory windows maximise light and spaciousness. Polished concrete floors, rebated flush sills and negative detail make this building a true work of art. And as for the entrance - you can’t get more dramatic than a 5m x 5m glass two sided cube fused together with a 120 year old brick and mortar wall.
After two years of passionate and sympathetic work and at a cost of $12million this 19th Century iconic and much loved building will stand testament for generations to come. A local and national treasure, “The Suter Art Gallery” is a leading example of where history and Altherm aluminium joinery intertwine to form the prefect team.
THE WINDOWS & DOORS:
- Altherm Commercial 100mm & 135mm Flush Glaze System
- Altherm Commercial 150mm Structural Series
- APL 158mm Architectural Series
- Sunfin Aluminium Louvres
- Duratec Metropolis Coal Dust powdercoated aluminium
- Category: Commercial
- Commercial: Altherm Commercial, Flush Glaze System, Structural Series, APL Architectural, Floor to ceiling Windows, Sunfin Aluminium Louvres, Coal Dust, Clerestry Windows, Commercial, Nelson,